In an interview given for the Le Devoir journal, Jean-Philippe Waaub, director of the GERAD, explains why researchers that have fueled the Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) on shale gas are concerned that their studies fall into oblivion.
- Jeff Shamma, Georgia Institute of Technology, USA
- Joaquim J. Júdice, Instituto de Telecomunicações, Portugal
GERAD is about to make new skin and will reveal its new logo, Thursday, May 8 to 15 h.
Fouad El Ouardighi, ESSEC Business School, France
The Mercure Award for the best doctoral thesis for 2013 was awarded to Yossiri Adulyasak at the program departments awards ceremony on April 16.
Title: Déploiement et mise à jour de coupes de concavité
Four scholarships of $3000 each respectively will be attributed to:
- Stéphane Jacquet, sponsored by Charles Audet and Gilles Caporossi;
- Geoffroy Chevalier, sponsored by Jérôme Le Ny andRoland Malhamé;
- Vilmar de Sousa, sponsored by Miguel F. Anjos and Sébastien Le Digabel;
- Amal Feriani, sponsored by Georges Zaccour.
Title: Oxygen Reduction Reaction (ORR) on Mixed Oxy-Nitride Non-Noble
Professor Miguel F. Anjos, GERAD, Polytechnique Montréal, is the new Editor-in-Chief of Optimization and Engineering. To read his Editorial, in March 2014 edition, click here.
- Alexander Engau, University of Colorado Denver
- Ather Gattami, Ericsson Research
- Andy Sun, Georgia Institute of Technology
Miguel F. Anjos, Professor of Polytechnique Montréal has been appointed director of the Trottier Energy Institute (IET) for an initial term ending June 30, 2016.
- Valérie Saint-Antonin, IFPEN
- Stefan Irnich, Université Johannes Gutenberg de Mayence
- Juan G. Villegas, Universidad de Antioquia
- Alain-Désiré Nimubona, University of Waterloo
- Nizar Allouch, Queen Mary University
- Guillaume Tarel, Artelys Canada Inc.
- Nathan Krislock, Northern Illinois University
Luc-Alain Giraldeau, professor of behavioral ecology at the Department of Biological Sciences and Vice-dean of research at the Sciences Faculty at UQAM, won the Geoffroy Saint-Hilaire 2014 Award from the Société française pour l'étude du comportement animal (SFECA).
Toshiyuki Sueyoshi, New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology
Two fellowships of $20000 each respectively will be attributed to:
- Franklin Djeumou Fomeni, candidate proposed by Miguel Anjos;
- Nicolas Bousquet, candidate proposed by Adrian Vetta.
Lukasz Golab, University of Waterloo
All our congratulations go to Samuel Rosat, Ph.D. student at Polytechnique Montréal directed by François Soumis and Issmail El Hallaoui, who obtained a scholarship for an international internship in Italy for a period of six months. This scholarship is awarded by the FRQNT.
Driss Chakour, former intern at GERAD, received special congratulations of the jury for the quality of his work during a ceremony awards research internships at the École Polytechnique ParisTech on December 17, 2013.