Thirteen GERAD professors appear in a ranking of research citations created in May 2020 and published on the Mendeley website, a search tool belonging to Elsevier, the Dutch scientific publisher.
December 8, 2020, 9h00
Title: Méthodes de recherche directe pour l'optimisation stochastique de boîtes noires
Professor Erick Delage has been elected as a Fellow of the Royal Society of Canada (RSC) and a member of the College of New Scholars, Artists and Scientists of the RSC, respectively. He is joining the College, which represents the emerging generation of scholarly leadership in Canada, in recognition of his remarkable achievements in operational research.
The collaboration project with Ericsson, which focuses on the quality of experience of connected object applications in smart cities, was selected as a finalist for the 2020 ADRIQ Prize.
Among its achievements there is a large scale multi-level simulator of 4G/5G infrastructure built at GERAD with public data from the cities of Montréal, Ottawa and Toronto which is available to the public at https://www.trafficm2modelling.com/home.
October 9, 2020
Titre: Modélisation et résolution de problèmes de planification de production et de distribution à trois niveaux
August 19, 2020
Title: Analyse de sensibilité pour la réduction de dimension en optimisation sans dérivées
Congratulations to James Richard Forbes, Professor at McGill University. He won the 2020 Carrie M. Derick Award for Graduate Supervision and Teaching. This award acknowledges outstanding contributions to promoting graduate student excellence through supervision and teaching by a faculty member who has been supervising for 10 years or less.
July 28, 2020
Title: Integrated production and transportation planning
- the 2020 merit scholarship program for foreign students (PBEEE);
- and the et la 2020 Zonta International Amelia Earhart Fellowship.
Congratulations to several GERAD students who have obtained IVADO scholarships!
The last issue of the Newsletter is now available. Enjoy!
* Spotlights on ... - GERAD’s development: A family history
* Actions and interactions - Epidemic models and the COVID-19
* Impact papers - O. Arslan et al’s, Intercepting the unlawful vehicles in transportation networks
* Collaborations - Incentivizing commuters to carpool: A large field experiment with Waze
* Where are they now? - Loïc Bodart, Tekogan Hemazro, Filippo Malandra
* Postdoctoral fellows - Imène Benkalai, Shuang Gao, Paulin Jacquot, Aleksandr M. Kazachkov