On Monday, November 28, GERAD was visited by some 60 students from Père Marquette secondary school (Rosemont). It was an opportunity for them to discover and demystify the daily lives of researchers and the problems they are working on. They attended activities on modeling, the use of mathematics as a generic methodology applicable to a wide variety of problems and applications, such as environmental modeling or management. The role of the computer in research has not been forgotten. Thanks to Eglantine Camby, Laurie Cloutier, Annie Levasseur, Edoh Logo and Catherine Poissant for animating these sessions.
- Mabel Tidball, INRA-LAMETA, Université Montpellier 1, France
- Alain Jean-Marie, LIRMM, Université Montpellier 2, France
- Zdravko I. Botev, The University of New South Wales, Australia
- Luyi Gui, University of California at Irvine, USA
- Joseph Abdou, Université Paris 1, France
Title: A framework for the performance analysis and simulation of RF-MESH advanced metering infrastructures for smart grid applications
**Change of room.**
GERAD is now a member of the Réseau Québec maritime.
The RQM aims to mobilize researchers from all sectors, but also to develop collaborations between partners from universities, colleges, industry, government and community to create synergy between the different sectors related to maritime.