Title : Integrated crew pairing and personalized crew assignment problems for pilots and copilots simultaneously
The last issue of the Newsletter is now available. Enjoy!
- Spotlights on ... - Handbook of dynamic game theory: a review
- Actions and Interactions - Deep learning for natural language processing
- Collaborations - GERAD day: third edition
- Who are they? - Romanic Pieugueu, Caroline Rocha, Maximilian Schiffer, Sara Séguin
- Postdoctoral fellows - Rinel Foguen Tchuendom, Gonzalo Muñoz, Karim Pérez Martínez, Younes Seyedi
- Where are they now? - Salma Karray, Mirela Stojkovic, Adham Ismail Tammam
Full Professor Gilbert Laporte has been made a member of the Order of Canada, in recognition of his contributions to the advancement of decision science and the development of new methods in operational research. This is one of our country's highest civilian honours.
The announcement was made on December 27 by Governor General Julie Payette. Professor Laporte will be invited to receive his insignia at a ceremony on a later date. "Created in 1967, the Order honours people whose service shapes our society; whose innovations ignite our imaginations; and whose compassion unites our communities," explains the press release issued to announce the new appointments. "Close to 7,000 people from all sectors of society have been invested into the Order."
The Polytechnique Montréal administration is proud to be awarding the Order of the White Rose scholarship today to Viviane Aubin, a MSc student under the supervision of Miguel F. Anjos. This $30,000 scholarship created in 2014 is awarded annually to a Canadian woman engineering student who plans to enrol in graduate studies in this field, in Canada or elsewhere in the world.