Associate Professor, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, McGill University
Other titles and affiliations
Before joining McGill in January 2016 as an Assistant Professor, I was a postdoctoral associate at Massachusetts Institute of Technology. I received my PhD degree from the School of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Cornell University in January 2015 with a minor in Applied Mathematics. I received my M.Eng. degree from the same school at Cornell University in 2011 and BSc degree from the Department of Information Science & Electronic Engineering at Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, China, in 2010. I am currently an Associate Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at McGill University.
My research interests are in the general areas of power system stability and control, uncertainty quantification in power system security and stability, and data-driven detection, estimation, and control. My research aims to maintain and enhance the security, stability and cybersecurity of modern power grids integrating various renewable energy sources and smart cyber assets, by developing analytical methods and computational toolkits.
I am excited to join GERAD. Being a member of GERAD allows me to expand my professional network and develop collaborations with my colleagues in the broad area of control and learning. I also appreciate various funding supports, seminars, and network events held by GERAD, which provide an enriched research environment and allow my students and me to gain valuable insights from the interactions within GERAD.
On June 1st, 2022, Yichuan Daniel Ding has been promoted as Associate Professor from the Desautels Faculty of Management at McGill University.
Additionally, Xiaozhe Wang was promoted to Associate Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at McGill University.
We would like to welcome four new members of GERAD since December 9, 2021.
Maxime Cohen, Full Professor at McGill University and Holder of the Scale AI Chair in Data Science for Retail
Xiaozhe Wang, Assistant Professor at McGill University
Amir Ardestani-Jaafari, Assistant Professor at the University of British Columbia
Alton Russell, he will be Assistant Professor at McGill University in January 2022.
Xiaozhe Wang – Assistant Professor, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, McGill University
Prizes and awards
Best Paper Award, 2022 IEEE PESGM"A Sparse Polynomial Chaos Expansion-Based Method for Probabilistic Transient Stability Assessment and Enhancement" (Jingyu Liu, Xiaoting Wang, Xiaozhe Wang)
Editorial Boards & Comittees
- IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, 2020-2023
- IEEE Power Engineering Letters, 2019-2023
- IET Generation, Transmission & Distribution, 2019-2021
- IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems II: Express Briefs, 2020-2021
Guest Associate Editor
- International Journal of Electrical Power & Energy Systems, a special issue on "Novel Monitoring, Protection and Control Methodologies towards Electrical Grids with Net-Zero Carbon Emissions:, 2022-2023
- IEEE Journal on Emerging and Selected Topics in Circuits and Systems, a special issue on “Towards Reliability Enhancement and Smarter Sensing for Emerging Interacting Dynamics in High Renewable Penetrated Power System”, 2021-2022
- International Journal of Electrical Power & Energy Systems, a special issue on "harnessing smart grid technologies for combating modern power systems stability issues through feedback control" 2017-2019