Full Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, McGill University
Risk averse constrained blackbox optimization under mixed aleatory/epistemic uncertainties
This paper addresses risk averse constrained optimization problems where the objective and constraint functions can only be computed by a blackbox subject to...BibTeX reference
Congratulations to Michael Kokkolaras, full professor at McGill University, who received the award in recognition of his longstanding and meritorious contributions to the Design Automation Community with his research in Multidisciplinary Design Optimization and Derivative-Free Optimization for Simulation-Based Design, his leadership in Design Automation, and his commitment to mentoring and championing the future generation of Engineering Design students.
We are pleased to announce that professors Charles Audet, Pierre Baptiste, Leandro Coehlo, Franklin Djeumou Fomeni, Issmail El Hallaoui, Michael Kokkolaras, Antoine Legrain, Antoine Lesage-Landry and Djamal Rebaine, will be awarded a $6,000 grant for the co-supervision of their student submitted to the Co-supervised Graduate Research Grants Competition.
Congratulations to the winners!
Wei Chen – Northwestern University
Khalil Al Handawi – McGill University
Michael Kokkolaras – Full Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, McGill University
Prizes and awards
2023 Design Automation Awardin recognition of his longstanding and meritorious contributions to the Design Automation Community
2021 Editor’s Choice Paper Award in Journal of Mechanical Design in the category of design methodsKhalil Al Handawi, Petter Andersson, Massimo Panarotto, Ola Isaksson, and Michael Kokkolaras (August 18, 2020). "Scalable Set-Based Design Optimization and Remanufacturing for Meeting Changing Requirements", ASME Journal of Mechanical Design, 143(2):021702, February 2021.
Reviewer's favorite paper (35 out of 359 papers)"Exploring the potential of digital twin-driven design of aero-engine structures" (J. Martinsson, M. Panarotto, M. Kokkolaras and O. Isaksson)
Editorial Boards & Comittees
- Structural and Multidisciplinary Optimization (Springer, official journal of the International Society of Structural and Multidisciplinary Optimization), 2018-...
- Aerospace (MDPI), 2018-...
- Optimization and Engineering (Springer), 2013 - 2018
- Transactions of the Canadian Society for Mechanical Engineering, 2012 - 2017
- ASME Journal of Mechanical Design, 2008 - 2014 (maximum of 2 3-year terms)
- Special Issue on Blackbox and Derivative-Free Optimization, Optimization and Engineering, 2014-2015
Member of the editorial board
- Journal of Engineering Design, 2022-...
- International Journal of Reliability and Safety, 2006-...