Full Professor, Department of Mathematics and Industrial Engineering, Polytechnique Montréal
Other titles and affiliations
GERAD is pleased to award six scholarships (of $3,500 each) for foreign undergraduate interns who will come to work in our offices this summer.
The last issue of the Newsletter is now available. Enjoy!
- Spotlights on ... - Two decades of blackbox optimization applications
- Actions and interactions - Bridging engineering and family medicine practice: Application of AI and OR
- Impact papers - Planning the future North American northeast electricity sector
- Postdoctoral fellows - Amay Cheam, Pedro Luis Miranda Lugo, Claudie Ratté-Fortin, Yassine Yaakoubi
- Where are they now? - Charles Gauvin, Aleksandr Kazachov, Patrick St-Louis
- Who are they? - Janosch Ortmann
Sanae Lotfi, a graduate of the Master of research in applied mathematics, has received the Best Master’s Thesis Award of the Department of Mathematics and Industrial Engineering, Polytechnique Montréal.
Dounia Lakhmiri – Polytechnique Montréal
David P. Sanders – Faculty of Sciences, Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México
Mehiddin Al-Baali – Professor, Department of Mathematics and Statistics, Sultan Qaboos University
Cahiers du GERAD
DCISolver.jl: A Julia solver for nonlinear optimization using dynamic control of infeasibility
This paper presents DCISolver.jl a new Julia package implementating the Dynamic Control of Infeasibility method (DCI), introduced by Bielschowsky & Gomes (20...BibTeX reference
We introduce an iterative method named GPMR for solving 2X2 block unsymmetric linear systems. GPMR is based on a new process that reduces simultaneously...BibTeX reference
We develop a trust-region method for minimizing the sum of a smooth term
\(f\) and a nonsmooth term
\(h\), both of which can be nonconvex.