Full Professor, Department of Mathematics and Industrial Engineering, Polytechnique Montréal
Other titles and affiliations
Corrigendum: A proximal quasi-Newton trust-region method for nonsmooth regularized optimization
The purpose of the present note is to bring clarifications to certain concepts and surrounding notation of Aravkin et al. (2022). All results therein contin...BibTeX reference
We develop a trust-region method for minimizing the sum of a smooth term
\(f\) and a nonsmooth term
\(h\), both of which can be nonconvex.
We are pleased to announce that professors Michèle Breton, Dena Firoozi, Sébastien Le Digabel, Dominique Orban, Yossiri Adulyasak, Erick Delage, Masoud Asgharian et Alejandro Murua will be awarded a $10,000 grant for the co-supervision of their student submitted to the Research scholarship competition for co-supervised doctoral students.
GERAD is pleased to award 3 scholarships (of $3,500 each) for foreign interns who will come to work in our offices this summer.
The applications were submitted by: Michèle Breton and Dena Firozzi, Dominique Orban and Youssef Diaoune and a team composed of Charles Audet, Youssef Diaoune, Antoine Lesage-Landry and Sébastien Le Digabel.
We wish a good stay to all these new trainees!
The last issue of the Newsletter is now available. Enjoy!
- Impact papers - Skilled workforce scheduling and routing
- Collaborations ... - Stall economy: The value of mobility in retail on wheels
- Actions and interactions - A new team of trainees for the NSERC Alliance–Huawei Canada project
- Postdoctoral fellows - Saad Akhtar, Aldair Alvarez, Banafsheh Asadi, Vania Karami, Gislaine Mara Melega, Milka Nyariro, Ramesh Ramasamy Pandi, Lingqing Yao
- Who are they? - Loubna Benabbou, Hanane Dagdougui, Franklin Djeumou Fomeni, Mary Kang
- Goodbye Jean-Louis-Goffin
- GERAD news brief
Dominique Monnet – Polytechnique Montréal
Robert Baraldi – Sandia National Laboratories, Albuquerque, New Mexico
Dounia Lakhmiri – Polytechnique Montréal