Montreal, May 4-6, 2009
Optimization Days is an annual conference organized alternately by the Groupe d'Études et de Recherche en Analyse des Décisions (GERAD) and the Interuniversity Research Centre on Enterprise Networks, Logistics and Transportation (CIRRELT).
The conference aims to survey theories, numerical methods, and applications of optimization. It provides researchers from around the world the opportunity to exchange and to collaborate.Topics of interest include, but are not restricted to:
- Dynamic programming and optimal control
- Game Theory
- Heuristics and metaheuristics
- Linear and integer programming
- Multicriteria decision aid
- Networks and graphs
- Non-linear programming
- Numerical methods
- Statistical methods and data mining
- Stochastic programming
- Applications in all areas, and particularly in:
- Energy, environment and natural resources
- Financial engineering and mathematical finance
- Operations management
We especially encourage presentations on new methods of optimization and their applications. The conference languages will be French and English. In 2009, Optimization Days will be held at HEC Montréal, 3000 chemin de la Côte-Sainte-Catherine, Montreal, near the Campus of the Université de Montréal.
- Richard Loulou, GERAD & Université McGill, Canada
Quick and (not so) Dirty Applications of Optimization in Large Scale Energy Models
- Bertrand Mareschal, Université Libre de Bruxelles, Belgium
Visual Analysis of Multicriteria Decision Problems
- Shmuel S. Oren, University of California at Berkeley, U.S.A.
Application of Optimization and New Optimization Challenges in Electricity Markets
- Philippe L. Toint, Université de Namur, Belgium
New Globalization Strategies for Nonlinear Optimization and Nonlinear Least-Squares
- Jonathan Barzilai, Dalhousie University, Canada
Correcting the Foundations of Decision and Game Theory
- Gilles Caporossi, GERAD & HEC Montréal, Canada
- Geneviève Gauthier, GERAD & HEC Montréal, Canada
Estimation in Financial Engineering
- Maryse Labriet, Consultant, Spain
Principles and Applications of the Techno-Economic TIMES Integrated Assessment Model to Global Energy and Environmental Problems
- Patrick Meyer, TELECOM Bretagne, France
The Decision Project: Towards Open Source Software Tools Implementing Multiple Criteria Decision Aid
- Andreas Wächter, IBM T.J. Watson Research Center, NY, U.S.A.
Solving Large-Scale Continuous Optimization Problems with Ipopt
- We are sorry to inform you that the tutorial which should be given by Professor Jonathan P. Caulkins, Carnegie Mellon University, U.S.A. (Modeling Deviant Behavior and its Control) has been cancelled.